Wednesday 19 August 2015

A hunt for the best educator!












And it was yet another regular evening when my three and half year old daughter was playing in the neighborhood park and I was just observing her…

“Don’t catch me mumma…don’t hold me…Aadya is a strong girl and I will take care of myself!”

These are the usual words she utters when she notices that I am getting worried to see her jumping from the unusual heights, sliding fast with a zupp… sound and falling down on ground after being brutally pushed by elder children…

And there she is making a sand castle, unaware of the fact that something fishy is being cooked in the mind of a boy standing just behind her. I chose not to warn her and just observe what the boy is up to and how my little princess is going to tackle that…
Suddenly the boy, double the height of hers and may be double the age of hers too, snatched the spoon she was using to make sand castle and poured a spoonful of sand on her…By the time I reached the spot (may be a few seconds), she was already shredding the sand off herself and before I could say anything I heard her saying – “What you did!” 

But she didn’t cry…She turned to me and sobbed a little…”Mumma see, he has spoiled my hair and clothes! He is also spoiling my sand castle!” I said don’t worry, it has happened just to make you more strong! There are so many people in this world and not all will behave the same way we expect out of them…some may leave good while some will leave bad impressions on our heart and slowly we will learn how to tackle any situation!

I also gave a stern stare to that boy who probably felt ashamed but was not ready to accept his mistake. I thought he will move away and make himself busy somewhere else, but he didn’t…rather he took the spoon and started pulling out more and more sand from the ground…

I thought it’s better for me to divert my daughter’s mind into something else and hence took her over a slide…she always enjoys that! And the idea worked! Soon she started enjoying this new game and forgot the mess on her hair and dress…She ran fast, climbed the stairs quickly waited for her turn and then zupp…she is down…she can do this whole night I think sometimes…J

Not to her much joy, a group of children came who looked like cousins and were speaking a different language, started climbing the slide from front (not from the stairs)….This interrupted the children from sliding down and a few children including my daughter felt disheartened…Then to my surprise my girl said…”Excuse me! Can we go turn by turn?”… Readily the other group of children accepted her request and they started playing all-together one by one…With the giggles and laughter sound all around in the park, every parent seemed to be feeling like happy and refreshed!

Father of one of the child, who was probably observing me and my daughter for quite a long time then came to me and asked…”Which school does she goes to?” I said Capitol public school…

He said…Oh that’s not a big name…I have heard they do not teach very well…Then how come your daughter has such good communication skills? I just smiled, did not reply anything because I didn’t feel like correcting his thought about any school…he was a stranger and I generally do not speak much to them…

Not receiving any answer from my side made him put more stress on his mind…and he came out with self-satisfactory answer....”All thanks to your husband, that your daughter is so good at communication”.

Before I could understand what he meant, what type of mentality he carries or how to give him back in the best possible way, he had already left!

I stood there still with many thoughts flashing in my mind – why do people give credits only to husbands…Why do people believe that only expensive and so-called branded schools can provide good education…and whom do people think actually provide the best education to kids?

While I was taking my daughter back to home from park, I believe the loudest thought in my mind was – it’s the parents, the family and the environment in the house of a child that provides him/her the best education in their initial years and nonetheless throughout the life!



Please feel free to comment if you agree or disagree J

No comments:

Post a Comment